Saturday, January 5, 2008

One Night At Bade Mian..

Was feeling too lonely today....
Slept at about 5 am after watching some movies...
Had to get up early for booking the tickets, thanks to Ritesh's new titanium credit card it was done through office I did not have to goto bank or the station...
The rest was shitty...
I did not feel like doing anything, was too lethargic to do anything....
But had downloaded [Mel Gibson's] The Apocalypto's OST and had not listened to Gladiators so did that in the morning through afternoon...

Created a very good corn veggie delight but was screwed up by basil...
Notes to the self: Don't add basil just for the sake of it...

Then slept through the afternoon till evening ...
In the evening thought of going to Bade Mian's...

So took the 21 number bus to Regal from there abhijit had given me directions which took me right there. The place is really a stall, which has expanded into a huge one...
They also have a `pure veg' section; they have taken an exhibition stall across the street and are using it as a makeshift place to serve. The business is booming...

When went there alone I had to share a table with two other guys, when the waiter presented the menu card [his number was 24] the card does not have prices mentioned on it [isn't it strange? to have a menu card without the prices ] Even then Bade Mian serves a select dishes, mostly kabab's etc.

NO RICE ITEMS !! :(

Would have liked to taste biryani at a place like this...

Aroma of the food could be smelled from the point where you see the Bade Mian's stall...
Forgot to take the camera other wise would have posted a photo here too...
Most of the crowd looks affluent....

Any ways I did not have large amounts of cash, so I order sheekh kabab and kheema fry with two rotis....

The service is very fast, the order comes in 3-4 minutes flat; even with so much rush !! I hope other hotels could follow the same...

I am also fast... Was quite hungry finish off the plate quickly before the two guys who were eating with me...

The bill comes to about Rs. 156 reasonable for the quality of food. Though I would like the quality to be increased of kheema...

Anyways ciao ...

No comments: